Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The desk

Meet Jon Allurud, he's a mystery writer best known for his novel "Lighting always strikes in the same place twice". Unfortunately most of his earlier work was plagerized. (sorry about the spelling).
We went to another murder mystery dinner, I was an actress that had lots of , a-hem, questionable material. It was a ton of fun. And Dave, as always, was in character the whole time :)
Now the desk.... before
after!
Thank you to all who gave suggestions. I painted it a darker brown (chocolate), and took off the laminate top. I then modge podged fabric on top and made a basket liner. I would have two baskets in there but I think I'm just inches too short on another liner. The top is a little bumpy, but it will only impede her writing (which won't happen for a while). Anyway, thanks again!

5 comments:

Keri said...

I'm so impressed that you finished that desk so fast! If it had been me, it would have sat there for six months or so before JJ finally threw it away. What you did with it is really cute.

Meedy said...

That was really quick! IT LOOKS GREAT! Good job. I really like the fabric on it...very girly. You are amazing.

Just Us said...

Oh I LOVE how it turned out! The mod podge idea was a really great one and I love the fabric you chose! Girly without being too girly. And I want to know where YOUR murder mystery picture is?? (man that brings back memories to our apartment murder mystery. lol!)

Melissa Rozeski said...

The pipe makes it!!! Love the desk!

Jodi Glazner said...

Ummm, I did have a moment of confusion in my preview of the blog, since it's titled "the desk" but has a picture of Dave looking slightly flamboyant. Very nice turnout on the desk and Dave's costume.