Jason & Melissa invited us to go to a pumpkin patch in Northern Colorado. It was on a Thursday so Dave couldn't go but, we still enjoyed ourselves thoroughly. It's a place you could stay for the whole day, easy. There were plenty of animals, we even fed a buffalo (very slobbery!) They had hay rides, corn mazes, hay mazes, food, pumpkins, little trains, a haunted field that we didn't go into, and you could even pretend milk a fake cow (kind of disturbing) that the kids loved. Melissa took all these pictures, she's pretty artsy :)
This last one is Alex explaining something in depth to the old farmer. He called his tractor Olly and made us all ask her to pull us nicely :) They immediately bonded.
Yesterday at church we were listening to the speaker tell a story about a little boy's faith. He said the little boy looked down a big dark hole to give his Dad lunch (his dad was in the hole) and couldn't see anything so he called for his dad. His dad yelled back up and said "just jump down, I'll catch you" so the little boy jumped. It was a touching story and the speaker went on to talk about faith and about two minutes later Alex asked grandpa "how did they get out of the hole?" It was great :) I'm impressed he was listening that closely.
I've been tagged. I need to post 6 quirks about myself...here they go
1) I believe that I am about the same height as people who are 6 feet tall.(I'm actually around 5'5") I was totally surprised that Dave and I were at such different heights in our wedding pictures...yes I dated him for years thinking we were around the same height :) Also, people my height I feel like I tower over. Like my mom, she seems 5 feet tall.
2) I think I am a technical genius. I know relatively nothing about computers and things but I'm not afraid to press all the buttons at once or press the dreaded "yes" command to something I have no idea what it means. It usually works.
3) I always have to have multiple things on my "to-do" list. And none of them are the everyday normal things like clean the house or do laundry...it's usually like organize the closet, paint the bathroom, built a lattice :)
4) I hate cooking the same thing twice. I get tired of dinners very fast and I love to experiment. The only thing I could eat over and over again is cereal.
5) I am a big texture person. I hate biting into an onion, even though I like the taste. I hate chewy chicken and I can't have ice cream that is too frozen, ugh!
6) I tap my toothbrush three times on the edge of the sink after rinsing it off with water. Dave makes fun of me about it so I guess that makes it a quirk.
Now I'll tag these 6 lovely winners!
Catherine Hatch(yes, you again :)
Jenn Savage (try not to copy all of mine :)
Rules :post 6 quirks about yourself and then tag 6 more people.
I'm sure you're all surprised but I decided to tackle yet another project :) Our bathroom that most of our guests use is pretty ugly. There was stick on fake tile on the wall, gross white walls, and an ugly old mirror. There's also a blue tub and toilet but I didn't fix those things :0
These two are the before pictures. Yes that is a toilet brush up there(baby proof :) and behind that toilet brush is the stick on fake tile (lovely, isn't it ?)
Fluorescent lighting and old mirror... Tada!!! Yellow walls to match the blue toilet :) No more tile (and I did find a better place for the toilet brush) A new light and I framed the old mirror in baseboards, so it looks practically new again :)