Thursday, November 01, 2012

Halloween & birthday

Happy Halloween!  Alex was a vending machine (which was a hit!) and Lydia was Belle.


Lydia actually dressed up in an old costume that Grandma Jaynie (Dave's mom) made for Aunt Michelle (Dave's sister) about 20 years ago.  Back when Belle was a new princess.  Thank you Jaynie for saving it and keeping it in good condition.  That is a Mauger talent (one that I do not possess, I go through things quickly).  I did put in a hoop skirt for Lydia, because I've always wanted one.

We trick or treated the neighborhood, but had to go to the grandparents too.  I LOVE living close to two grandmas, it's AWESOME!  The kids love it too.

And, as the title suggests, I did celebrate a birthday!  I'm 32 years old now.  Not super monumental, but  it was an enjoyable and relaxing day.  Life is good :)

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

Cute costumes! I'm glad you had a relaxing birthday.

Jodi Glazner said...

Alex is a nut! Where does he get these ideas? Seriously great costumes.

Michelle said...

That was my favorite costume when I was little:) I am glad that it could be used again...I also like the addition of the hoop skirt! Both kiddos look great!

Jenn said...

so cute, and the vending machine was clever! Also, congrats on being older than me hahaha, just kidding...kind of. :)