Wednesday, July 03, 2013

California road trip!

We are back from an awesome road trip!  Dave and I realized that we didn't really like the driving part, but you can't beat seeing so many different things... so it's a good trade :)  I gave the kids millions of things to do, and snuck in their math books too just in case they said they were bored.


We first stopped in Pueblo and did the River Walk, it was beautiful!  No one was there, and we got to see little baby ducklings!

We drove to Albuquerque and spent our first night there.  We ate dinner at El Pinto, which is a HUGE restaurant that used to be a HUGE hacienda.  Very beautiful, this was the front porch.

The next day we visited the Grand Canyon, it's grand!  I still can't believe how big it is.  The closest thing I can compare it to is when you're at the top of a ski mountain, and you can see lots of mountains... but that doesn't even compare, it was remarkable!  We rented bikes and rode along the rim and it was really fun

Dave's grandma lives in Arizona, so we met up with her for a day.  Jaynie was visiting at the same time, so we got to see her too :)  We went to a place called Slide Rock, which is a river that has smooth rock that you can slide on, like a natural water slide.  Very fun, very slippery.  I fell and landed on my cheek so hard I was afraid I broke something.  That night we slept at my cousin, Jodi's, home.  It was awesome to see her.  So awesome that I forgot to take any pictures...

Tuesday we finally got to California.  We met the Rozeski's and my parents at the beach and had a great time exploring the tide pools and trying to body surf.  It was SO relaxing!

No comments: