Saturday, June 21, 2008

San Diego!

If any of you have been around Alex the last couple of months, he probably told you about going to SAN DIEGO!  We told him a little too early, but the day finally came and we were off!
The first day we drove up to Liz and Ethan's church had saw their little girl Madeline Rae get blessed.  She is adorable (sorry the picture is far away) and it was SOOO fun, and completely surreal to see Liz again.  We lived together for my whole college experience, except the one semester I was married.  She is still the best hostess even with a newborn and her and Ethan have one cute little girl!
The rest of the trip was filled with SeaWorld, Wild Animal Park, the Zoo and of course beaches.  This top picture is after the dolphin show at seaworld, if you look at the hair and our shirts you'll see that we're totally soaked!  WE were in the "wet zone"  The below picture is Al feeding the Lorikeets...his highlight.
And the beach!  Does anyone know how to get fine sand out of swimsuits, blankets, towels, and hair?  I don't!  Lydia rolled in the sand like it was her favorite blanket..she even kissed it and licked it, YUCK!  And Alex enjoyed the water a little more, but got his fill of sand in the mouth and every other place.  I'm sad to say that I wasn't able to recreate his "perfect" sandcastle the whole trip...maybe papa can do that with him when he's older :)

We had lots of fun, happy to be back, and not too sunburnt.  Good trip

5 comments:

allison said...

Wow, looks like so much fun! That picture of Lydia in the sand is hilarious. Makes me want to go to San Diego...

Jenn said...

You guys a travelers this summer! Looks like it was a blast! Wish I knew how to get out sand. I think the answer is throw it away, right? :) So fun to see pictures of Liz too!

Melissa Rozeski said...

Can't wait to hear more. What a great trip!

Brandon and Erica said...

your kids are adorable!! And, it is crazy seeing a picture of Liz! I remember her :-)
Fun that you all have kids now!

Ann Marie said...

It looks like you had a great time! What fun! I miss San Diego...we're trying to plan a trip out there this summer and now I want to go NOW!