Saturday, July 04, 2009

California

We went to San Clemente this week for a family reunion on my dad's side.  We got a beach house with my mom and dad, here's the back, all festively lit with tiki torches
It was a literally a 5 minute walk to the beach, where we spent most of our time.  Buried in the sand, catching sand crabs, boogie boarding, trying to surf, and getting totally burned.

This is the backyard of the house, yes, that's a cliff behind us, notice my death grip on Lydia :)  Here was a gorgeous sunset with my Aunt Lu
  We also went to the Santa Monica Pier and rode a ferris wheel, in preparation for Disneyland :)

7 comments:

Veronica said...

What I cute beach house! I never thought you looked like you mom until I saw that last picture!

Heather said...

That looks like so much fun! I hope you're having a great time in Cali.

Ann Marie said...

Wow Kendra! What fun! I love that beach house! That sunset is absolutely gorgeous! It looks like you're having such a wonderful time.

Just Us said...

Wow you look tan after all of that beach time! Looks SO relaxing and fun! Super jealous. Sure you don't want to trade places and come unpack my house and I'll go to disneyland? :)

Meedy said...

California!! Disneyland!! the Beach!! How amazing! That is a dream vacation. I am glad that you guys had so much fun. Your kids are a little bit older...I hope they can remember it all! We went last year and our kids are younger than yours...and I am not sure they will remember. I took lots of video so hopefully that will spark their memory when they are forgetting! Glad to know that Alex is a good driver...you will have nothing to worry about come 16.

The Busey Family said...

Great pictures Kendra! They are so much fun! It sounds like a dream of being 5 minutes away from the beach. And the beach house...wow...amazing! Glad you got a nice tan too...that is something that I need! :)

Melissa Rozeski said...

I'm still waiting for the picture of Dave's chest.