Saturday, September 19, 2009

La Dolce Vita

We went to the Italian festival!  Every year this gets better, mostly because the kids get older :)  I have absolutely NO Italian blood in my veins, but I've learned all the words to "Funiculi, Funicula" thanks to Dave, so I feel very authentic :)
Face painting on the arm (doesn't get in your eyes that way)  Alex the dragon warrior, and Lydia the butterfly
Flag throwers, they're amazing.  But those outfits looks SO hot.
Lydia and Al also helped make "little feet merlot"  So, they stomped some grapes.  Only kids can do it, kind of like child labor except they volunteer.  I don't know how excited I am to drink (if I did drink) merlot that was crushed by children's feet.  Those feet are dirty!
They had a blast.  It looked like so much fun that I really wanted to jump in, except then it would be "big feet merlot".  Doesn't sound as tasty.
Lydia slipped and fell in the merlot :)  It was such a fun day, and a great break from everything going on in our lives.  Thank you Italian festival!

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

What a fun event! Now Lydia can brag that she's made "little feet merlot" AND "little bum merlot." :)

Jenn said...

That looks like a blast! Love the bum shot there at the end. Did you guys finish your roof? I can't remember if you said.

Catherine said...

So fun to catch up on your latest happenings. The Italian festival and Steamboat both look really fun! I love the pick of Lydia in the pink cowgirl gear. :)