Monday, August 23, 2010

first day of school

We are the proud parents of a fairmount firebird :) Alex is now officially in Kindergarten, so exciting!
The only tears were from Lydia because she couldn't ride the bus too. Although Dave almost cried :)
He picked out the biggest backpack he could find, maybe to haul Lydia along one day :) It's full of his supplies so it was pretty heavy too!
I'm so excited for this next step in his life. He got on the bus without looking back and went right to the back, probably to sit with the 6th grade girl that waited at the stop with us. He's no fool :)

4 comments:

Jenn said...

I love your posts. And I love reading that Dave almost cried but you were a-okay. You two are the best couple ever, I can totally picture it! Can't believe our kids are growing up so fast kendra.

Meedy said...

WOW! Congratulations. Kids grow so fast. I can't believe that he is in kindergarten already!

Keri said...

Holy cow! Alex is in kindergarten?! What a big day!

Brandon and Erica said...

hahahah!! so cute! And seriously, I can't BELIEVE you have a kindergartner! I still remember when you and Dave came to Deseret Towers to tell me you guys were engaged! And now...a kindergartner! Wow...that is awesome.

Alex is so adorable! He is a perfect mix of the two of you..I love his backpack picture :) Strong boy, he is!