Sunday, August 01, 2010

summer summer summertime

I'm a theme song kind of gal. Whatever word you can think of, I can usually think of two songs that sing about it. There are about 800 songs with the "summer" theme. We found by a really extensive online survey, that "Summertime" by Will Smith was the ultimate summer song :)
We had another zoo marathon on friday. Here are the boys studying the map for the most efficient course :) It turns out you can see the zoo in less than 6 hours! (They might not be all THAT efficient :)
We went to Lakeside. Even though half of the rides are broken, the kids had a blast. We started out on the easy circle rides, then they rode this kiddie coaster (sidenote, Lydia thought that when we said "kiddie" rides, we meant that kittens were on all the rides.... such a disappointment!) They were all smiles until the first hill, the next time we saw their faces they were scared to death! I wish I had video :)
Alex's first trophy, from swim team. He believes it's pure gold :)
An finally, I went to a baby shower with a farm theme. This was the cake! Her sister-in-law made it... first one ever! So, Michelle & Melissa, where's my themed cake?
We have loved summer this year, especially since we put it to music :)

2 comments:

Jenn said...

If you need a themed cake, does that mean that you are hinting around about something?? Don't tease me like this, my heart can't take it. :) Love the pictures, and I had to laugh over Alex thinking his trophy is pure gold because I'm pretty sure I thought the same thing when I was a kid! Lastly, I would like to hear the Sandwich maker song, because I honestly canNOT believe that you still remember it. ARe you serious? that's amazing.

Jenn said...

Kendra, that is seriously amazing. I can't believe you remembered that. I just about died over the line about oatmeal quaker. What are you talking about...we WERE awesome. Well at least you were. I was just along for the ride, and the occasional nap on your purple pillow.