Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween week

Does anyone else feel like this holiday was the longest ever? We have celebrated for three days straight... I'm beat. Thursday was Lydia's school party, then we went to the HUGE pumpkin patch. Friday was Alex's party and a friend's party in the evening. Saturday was our ward party and trunk or treat. And today is the actual holiday... phew!
This is Alex's kindergarten teacher, isn't she awesome? She just has this belle costume lying around :)
Dave at the pumpkin patch, this pumpkin was $100, and I was in no mood to carve it :) We got ours fresh from the field
Lydia the cowgirl :) I could never find reasonably priced cowboy boots, so tinkerbell shoes had to work.
Alex the cowboy. Yes, we had matching kids this year. I loved it. This outfit that Alex is wearing is pretty much all Dave's. His mom gave us all of their old costumes and we found the stirrups, boots, belt, and bandana in it! YEA Jaynie :)
At our ward christmas party we had a no-holds bar pinewood derby. Lydia really loved it. Unfortunately Dave is not as serious about this race as other dads. Our wheel fell off after the 30th race or so. So, Grandma let Lydia borrow hers (pictured above) My mom did tape a troll (remember those toys?) to the top, but he flew off pretty fast :)

I hope everyone else had a great Halloween!

5 comments:

Jenn said...

That's so funny, I was also just thinking, Wow, it's finally Halloween, too bad we've been celebrating it for five days straight lol. Love your cowboy/girl. I kept waiting to see you and Dave dressed up as Ma and Pa cowpokes.

Heather said...

Your kids look adorable...I'm going to have to match my kids, maybe our whole family, one year. But right now it's just so much easier to put Bryce in what Caleb wore 3 years earlier. So until he starts caring, it's only one new costume per year!

Chelsea said...

Cute costumes! I'm glad you guys enjoyed the holiday. It was a three day affair here.

I thought I might find some pictures of you blowing out candles on here, too??? :)

Catherine said...

I love the matching cowboy costumes! So cute! I can't believe how quickly your kids are growing up! The family pictures are so great, by the way!

ps: where is the picture of your costume, Kendra?

Melissa Rozeski said...

I can't believe we didn't see each other for any Halloween stuff! They looked great! When your mom came over for that weight, I was confused what she meant by using it for the pine wood derby. Now I see she was totally cheating!