Sunday, July 10, 2011

camping

When Dave was younger his family would always go camping at Red Feather Lakes. This year we decided to continue the tradition, and we were not disappointed.
Dave got up early in the morning to fish each day... crazy! He caught 6 fish, not too shabby for someone who hasn't fished for years.
We invited the grandparents, of course! My parents and Dave's mom Jaynie came, here's a really intense game of Go Fish.
And Alex trying to reel in his first catch... he never could get one to shore.
I actually caught two, on the same cast, along with a crawdad! I was showing Alex how to cast out and when I reeled it in I had caught someone's old stringer. It was totally awesome! Of course, we didn't eat these, who knows how long they'd been dead.
It was a BEAUTIFUL camping spot, and I'm so glad Dave introduced us to it. We finished the vacation very dirty but very happy! And maybe a little bigger because we ate a LOT of smores :)

3 comments:

katina said...

How fun!!

liz said...

So cute and fun. We can't wait to go camping. I think our kids need to be a little older. I have mentioned to Eth that he should take maddy and I'll stay home with Elliott!!! Have a fun summer!

Cathryn said...

Love, love, love the last picture!