Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas

I always try to make homemade gifts for my family at Christmas time. I just realized that I've never documented them on the blog because I didn't want to spoil the surprise... SO, these are my crafty crafts from the past few years....

I made a version of this for everyone (wall hanging, quilt square, etc.) the only common theme was the trees (I loved these trees :)

A wooden nativity
Table runners, I LOVE these. They were pretty labor intensive, but totally worth it.
And my present this year has been my favorite so far! I made profiles of all the families! I love these things, and I love my parents the most (the grandkids walking). The best part is that these were pretty quick to make, as soon as I got the pictures.
The families... top to bottom, left to right... My family, Jason & boys, Melissa & girls, Steve's family, grandkids, and Nichole's family

Here's a close up of my favorite
As you see I also always make something for myself :) This was the first year that I didn't make a christmas only decoration. I don't want anyone to feel obligated to hang something up all year round, but I couldn't pass this up.

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! We love this time of year!

3 comments:

Cathryn said...

Kendra, I am loving the plates! Excellent job! Merry Christmas!!!

Mireille said...

Neat plates! I'm just totally impressed that you handmake anything. Merry Christmas! One of our new year's resolutions should be to hang out at least once next year.

Meedy said...

LOVE. I love everything. We need to live closer so I can copy all of your good ideas...and get your help!