Saturday, December 21, 2013

9 years old!!!!!

Alex celebrated 9 years of life on thursday, December 19.  Every year this is a busy birthday and this year was no exception!  He had school (a field trip too), cub scouts, and "A Christmas Carol" play with grandparents and cousins.  So, we celebrated his birthday in the morning.  I got up really early and prepared this fantastic pancake breakfast with bacon, etc.  After singing happy birthday and blowing out the candle on the pancake we dug in and I realized I used Baking Soda instead of Baking Powder!  YUCK!  So, we had cereal. Alex was still happy.

For his party he wanted to go swimming.  It was a GREAT choice.  All the boys could swim and so I wasn't nervous, almost all the boys could come, and it wasn't busy on a friday evening.  Alex got all the toys he wanted, and a few toys that we got him for christmas… so we have a little last minute exchanging to do today… boo!  But, he was so happy and I'm glad his family and friends know him so well.
Look at those stud-ly 3rd graders at the swimming pool :)  I love their little bods.

Alex is a joy to be around.  He is such a great big brother to Lydia and he tells me that he loves me all the time.  I'm so glad that I get to see him grow everyday.  We are very lucky to have this little man in our lives.

No comments: