Sunday, December 01, 2013

Christmas recaps

For the last three years I've done christmas recaps from our kids' quotes.  I never put them on the blog, but I really wanted to keep them in one place.  So, here are the last three years.  If you don't want to ruin the "surprise" of reading 2013 in the mail… don't read the last one :)

    From the Mouth of Babes – What went on in 2011

“Adios Amigos” – Alex and Lydia, everyday, during our trip to Mexico

“Did you know that I’m gonna have a new cousin named Mason, but we can’t tell you his name”  Lydia, after learning the “secret” name of Daniel and Michelle’s new baby, born in March

“When I grow up I’m going to be a Mechanical Engineer” Alex, kindergarten graduation

“I’m going to stay here and “guard the house” – Alex’s first use of air quotes

“Why do the girls always have to stay home?”  Lydia at the bus stop

“I love you more than Legos” – Alex

“The dog was lickilish” – Lydia, after a dog licked her face

“Please bless daddy to want a dog” – Lydia’s prayer one night

“Cloud, flower, nature, earth, cantalope, oak, curly, bowling ball, felice, pencil, aspen, rolo, ginger, clover” – Name suggestions for our new dog

“Kids, don’t fight”- Kendra
“I’ll fight for the freedom” – Alex

“Oh shin!  Holy freakin’ asphalt!”  Alex’s new words after the first day of first grade

“I don’t have anything in my head, the only thing I’m thinking about is nothing” – Lydia

“Who do you sit by at lunch?” Kendra
“Oh, the whole gang” – Alex

“That song touched my heart” Alex, after singing ‘The Savior’s Gift’, a song about Gethsemane.

“You can’t go trick-or-treating if you’re sick” – Kendra
“That’s OK, you can just take my bucket and get the candy for me!” Lydia


“Santa’s going to give me hundreds of presents, because he’s like a REALLY nice guy” - Lydia

Out of the Mouth of Babes – a recap of 2012 at the Mauger home

“Mom, I think I have a bald spot” Alex

“In high school plays I sang and danced and even played God” Dave
“What?!  You DANCED!?”  Lydia

“Lightening war.”  Alex’s 1st choice for his chicken’s name.  He finally went with Coyote

“Are you scared of the spider?” Lydia
“Of course not, I’m a man” Alex

“Pain comes before righteousness” Alex

“I had a splinter in my toe that came out, rolled down, and got stuck in my foot!” Lydia

“I’m Jesus’ wife” Lydia
“Jesus can’t get married, he’s a nun” Alex

“Mom, we get brownies at swim lessons!  She said if we do flip turns we get extra brownie points!”  Alex

“Is it dinnertime?” Lydia, after hearing the smoke alarm go off

“Lydia, don’t point with your middle finger” Alex
“Why?” Lydia
“It’s a bad word” Alex
“My finger is not a word” Lydia
“It means I H-A-T-E you” Alex

“I’m the princess, Mom’s the queen, Daddy’s the king, and Alex is the guard.  He doesn’t like to be a prince because they kiss” Lydia

 “Knock knock” Lydia
“Who’s there?” Kendra
“What do you call a horse with stripes?” Lydia
“A Zebra?” Kendra
“YES!!! HAHAHAHAHA!” Lydia

 “Santa is so nice, instead of giving Jesus presents, he gives us presents!” Lydia


2013 at the Mauger home

“I don’t want to fall off the edge, of glory” – Lydia

“Alex, when you get older…” – Kendra
“I’m going to stink in the armpits.” – Alex

“When we die we’re resurrected to our perfect age.” – Kendra
“So, like, 14?” – Lydia

“The USA is called the crock-pot” – Alex
“You mean melting pot?” – Kendra

“Let’s retire and work at Disneyland.” – Dave
“Mom, you CAN’T retire!” – Lydia

“Your basketball coach has some great things to say, but sometimes she doesn’t say it nicely” – Kendra
“Yea, I know, just like you” – Alex

“You’ll play Pachabel’s Canon” – Kendra
“Taco Bell’s Cannon??!!” – Alex & Lydia

“It’s baptism by erosion, Lydia.” – Alex

“When I’m a firefighter I’m going to save the pets first.  I’ll be on the pet team.” – Lydia

“We need to cut your hair” – Dave
“I don’t want to, I thought it was optional” – Alex
“I made it mandatory” – Dave
“I have no agency in this family!” – Alex

“Caught any fish?” – Lydia
“Not yet” –Dave
“That’s OK.  Fly fishing is harder because you’re  standing in the water and the fish can see your legs.” – Lydia

“The boy I will marry will be permanently mine.  Like a mini-helper” - Lydia


Merry Christmas! 

2 comments:

katina said...

Oh my heavens!! That is the funniest thing I have read in a while! Your kids are hilarious! What a great thing to record for posterity!!

liz said...

Your Christmas cards are my favorite. I just opened it today and just laughed. Great quotes from great kids!!!