Sunday, August 12, 2007

Kiddos

Every sunday is really hard for Alex and Lydia. Alex never gets a nap and Lydia rarely gets one because she's so stimulated by all the grandparents and surrogate grandparents. After we got home from church they both climbed up onto me and in about 2 minutes this was the scene...poor kiddos. Of course as soon as I started snoozin' they both woke up...darn!
This is an outfit Aunt Linda gave to us, Lydia is now finally big enough for the hat, but she's too long for the outfit, so this was the pair together for the first and last time. Thanks Aunt Linda! While I was cooking dinner Alex kept saying, "Lydia, Lydia, bakersman" I turned around finally and saw this! It's a measuring cup, but I have to admit, it does look like a bakers cap :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's such a cute photo of you and Alex & Lydia! That's funny that they woke up once you started falling asleep...maybe they thought they could get into some trouble without you knowing. :) Alex is very creative with the baker's hat. haha!
-Cath

Unknown said...

I know what you mean about sundays being a bit strange. Looking at the picture of you with both kids made me laugh because I have on almost identicle to it. You are being so patient through this adjustment time. Not only with a new babe, but also dealing with your illness. I know you will look back and it will seem like such a short time. I am so excited to visit you guys soon!

Melissa

Jenn said...

Adorable pictures as always. I know exactly what you mean about having a child fall asleep on you and then thinking you could join them...only to be rudely awakened to the fact that you are only to be the pillow--not a tired person. :) It's like babies have a sixth sense.
So now on to more pressing issues. When are you visiting Utah? :)