Monday, December 03, 2007

quilt

Lydia is officially crawling now! I was going to get a picture of her actually crawling, but she's asleep right now and you never never never wake a sleeping baby! And when she's up, because she's crawling, I don't get the chance to write on the blog!
And the next part is for Jenn, but the rest of you can read it too! the pictures below are of the quilt I finished (finally!) ACtually, it's not totally finished...but it will work until I get the chance. It's on our fireplace, which doesn't work anymore. We decided to make it a sitting area, it's right next to the kids play area and if we didn't put something soft on it it would be just a matter of time before the sharp brick edge causes stitches. Dave said I could just whip up a quilt :) I like his confidence in me. And I'm glad it looks christmasy, but it will be up all year long.




3 comments:

Liz said...

You're quilt looks great. Glad you just "whipped" it up! :) Lydia is adorable, she looks more and more like a Mauger everyday that cute little nose!

Love you!

Just Us said...

Holy cow, I am very impressed! Not only with the whipped up quilt, but for the cozy seating area. I think I could take a nap on your fireplace with all of those cozy colorful pillows! (Of course, I'm still so not good at being a mom that I am still constantly exhausted and could frankly take a nap on the hard cold bathroom floor if given five minutes and some quiet!) :) I can't believe Lydia is crawling...that means Maddy can't be too far behind. Uh oh! Better get some of those socket plug things! :)

Melissa Rozeski said...

You CAN just whip up a quilt!!! I really do admire people who can sew. Every time I walk by my Christmas wall quilt you made me I think how talented you are. I promise to come and plant my rump right on your new sitting area!