Monday, December 29, 2008

Anniversary

  We have officially been married for 6 years.  Our anniversary was on the 27th, but everything is delayed during vacation :)  We went to Joe's crab shack and the next day went skiing!!!!!!  The best of both worlds :)
  We look pretty young back then huh?  I'll post a few things (maybe 6?) that I know now that I didn't know in that picture.
       1.  Dave is really clean, he likes the house and his body to be clean, always.  Luckily he cleans the house just as much as I do, so this doesn't mean extra work for me.
       2.  We really do finish each other's sentences.  Before we knew what my seizures were he would always finish my thoughts when I would black out so I wouldn't be embarrassed.
       3.  Laundry, dishes, cleaning, grocery shopping, etc.  Is all way more fun with your best friend.
       4.  You can have absolutely no money and still have a blast.
       5.  The biggest thing I miss by not having girl roommates anymore is sharing clothes, I just don't seem to fit right (or look good) in Dave's .
       6.  Dave's feet are never cold, they're always toasty warm...and Michelle recently told me that they never smell (because Maugers don't have smelly feet).  Interesting.

   I've also learned that marriage does get better with time.  I thought nothing could beat our first year of marriage, but the next year is always better.  I'm excited for #7!

9 comments:

Lauren said...

Happy Anniversary and Merry Christmas. Glad your family is doing so well and is so happy. The big 6, eh? I agree with you, marriage only gets better with time:)

Ann Marie said...

Dave & Kendra, Congratulations! That picture is adorable! You are right, it does get better every year. I like how you wrote things that you know now, but didn't know then; creative and cute. I like it! Happy Anniversary!

Chelsea said...

Happy 6th Anniversary! I love the picture--you're both glowing with happiness. And how fun that you got to celebrate by going skiing!!!

I'm glad you guys had a Merry Christmas :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I am partial to December weddings even if it means the celebrating gets pushed back. Congratulations!

Jenn said...

Holy cow, TWO posts! I am in blog heaven. Not only that, but they were two awesome posts! Are you kidding me? Six years? Holy cow, I don't know why, but that made me feel really old lol! I guess I just can't believe that memories that seem so clear (like you being newly married) and living in Campus Plaza were six years ago! Congratulations, and ditto on marriage getting better every year. I wish you a blissful sixty more! (Cute Christmas pics. I want to see what this art book was!)

Brandon and Erica said...

That is crazy it has already been 6 years! Congratulations :-) You two are STILL so adorable.

Jodi Glazner said...

That's funny that you think you guys look so young back then because I think you guys look exactly the same. Of course minus the two kids.

Catherine said...

I love your list of 6. It still makes me happy to see that photo of you two from your wedding...one of my faves. Happy Anniversary!!

Kerri and Cody said...

Happy Anniversary! Yeah.. I think it gets better every year too. I like your wedding picture!