Wednesday, October 14, 2009

What makes us smile


I had to write down some cute stories about my kids.
  Lydia calls kleenex "bless yous".  I smile every time she says it.  She also knows the words to all the popular songs that we listen to in the car and sings them out loud.  Sometimes I am allowed to sing with her :)  (but usually not...)

Our whole family went to the $1 theater and saw "Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs".  It's not a great movie, not even good.  But Alex really gets into all shows, and with the big screen he really feels like he's there.  At one point in the movie A T-Rex is stomping around the ice age looking for her kids (long story).  It's the first time we see the big dinosaurs in the movie so all the ice age animals are scared and hiding.  At one point there's a little deer (or it's ancestor) and it's trying to run, and then decides to hide.  The T-rex leans down and looks right at it (just like Jurassic Park) and Alex suddenly stands up and SCREAMS a high pitch horror movie scream.  The whole theater laughed as I quickly covered his mouth and sat him down.  We're still laughing about it now, I guess the big theater might be too much for his emotions :)

7 comments:

Chelsea said...

Dollar movies rock! Kate screams like that during Cinderella when the mean cat, Lucifer, is trying to sneak up on the mice.

Brandon and Erica said...

hahaha! oh my gosh..I laughed out loud in my cubicle at this story :)

Cute kids, I tell ya.

Jenn said...

That is hilarious! I laughed out loud about the theater scream. I did that during that movie The Others. Alex and I should watch movies together lol!

Keri said...

Loved the story of Alex in the movie theater! I haven't taken Julia yet. My sister cried super loud when Bambi's mom died. My parents had to remove her from the theater to calm her down.

Melissa Rozeski said...

That story is funny again!! Alex is a very passionate fellow! And that Lydia...... she is going to keep you guys on your toes!

Heather said...

I love those stories...you have the cutest kids! Maybe I'll have to copy you and do a post like that about mine...Thanks!

liz said...

Love it! When we were kids and we went to go see Jungle Book, my sister stood up and screamer when Baloo get bit in the butt. Hillarious!!