Wednesday, November 25, 2009

EEG

The test I took after the last post was an EEG test. It's such a funny test, and I keep trying to remember to take a camera, but always forget. So here's a picture of what I kind of look like during the test...
photo courtesy of wisconline.com

Although, all my cords are different colors and I have hair :) During this test you lay on a really comfortable bed in a dark hotel-like room. You have to blink a whole bunch of times, then you keep your eyes closed while you make yourself hyperventilate, then a strobe light is in your eyes for like 3 minutes going faster and faster, and then you try to fall asleep.
The reason this test is funny is because of how it looks, and that it seems like they're just playing with you the whole time. That's how all of neurology seems to me. They make you stand on one foot, and then they kind of tap little places to see if you fall. I think they go back to their office and just LAUGH at all the silly things they made me do :)

Anyway, my test is over and I don't know the results. But, I did get to sleep last night, so I'm a happy camper! Happy thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Just Us said...

Man, I would pay good money for that picture, but that monk picture is almost as good. Hope your results come back good and that everything is okay!

Melissa Rozeski said...

That is crazy. Next time can I come watch :)

Chelsea said...

That is crazy Kendra! How many wires are there? It looks like 100. I hope it's just routine testing? Is everything okay? How often do you have to have an EEG?