Sunday, November 29, 2009

Earrings

When I was 7 years old my mom finally let me pierce my ears. She didn't want me to do it for all those adult reasons, i.e. big responsibility, permanently changing my body, etc. Anyway, she gave in and I got them pierced. When I was 13 they closed up because I'm allergic to all earrings besides the 14K gold posts...
I never really cared that they were closed, but I started getting the itch to have some more bling on my face :) So, last night I got them pierced again :)
It was really funny because at first she thought I was getting Lydia's ears pierced, then she thought I must be getting 2nd holes because what 29 year old doesn't have their ears pierced? It didn't hurt as much as I remember, I fainted the first time :) I also really felt like I should call my mom first and ask her, but I didn't...such a rebel :) Now with all the cleaning and "careful sleeping" I have to do with newly pierced ears, I totally agree that it's much too great of a responsibility for a 7 year old.

5 comments:

Keri said...

That's funny that you thought it hurt less this time around. My sister recently re-pierced her ears and said it hurt a lot more than she remembered from the first time. Incidentally, my ears are also closed up because they reacted to everything I put in them too.

kkoyle said...

What can I say....I am so proud of you. We should start a club, the "pierced our ears over 21 club" or something clever like that. Kyle

The Fifes said...

i got mine done for the FIRST time after coming home from my mission. ;) i can identify. They thought i was so strange. And i love them.

Chelsea said...

Are you asking Santa for earrings this year? :)

My grandma and I went together to get ours pierced. I was 10 and she was 62.

And I have a fun surprise for you, so I will be calling you soon!

Meedy said...

I love that you pierced your ears, again. Congratulations! I think earings are so fun to wear. (I didn't always think that) It is a fun way to dress up without risking ruining a nice shirt from a kid stain. I had a similar experience in that I just (about 4 months ago) pierced mine again too! However, I could get my earings about half way through...so I had Mike re-pierce them. We just got a needle and did it quick. It was DEFINITELY more painful the second time around.