Saturday, March 13, 2010

Deacons bench

This is turning into a project blog, I promise I'll get more exciting when summer comes :) In the meantime... another project. We grabbed this beauty from Dave's mom's garage, it was headed to goodwill.
I didn't know what to do with it because it was already very 'antiqued'. It honestly looked like someone (probably Dave and Steve) took a bag of bolts and hit it all over. So, I sanded, painted, and glazed. Into this...
It turns out that I don't know how to use glaze, because I painted on black glaze and it turned the whole thing black. So, I painted it in stripes and then wiped with a rag, and now it has a faux wood grain look to it. I love it.
p.s. if anyone wants any black glaze I accidentally made enough for 25 more of these projects ;)

4 comments:

Meedy said...

That looks awesome Kendra! Good job!

liz said...

Beautiful work. Good catch.

Jenn said...

Looks so great! You know I love a great project, so I would be happy if your blog turned into project blog. :)

ellen said...

Great job! It looks brand new!