Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Snapshots

I've been looking through my pictures lately and realized that I didn't capture some moments. I wish I was better at capturing real life, although zoo trips are good...
and the first time I spiral curl Lydia's hair (it stayed in for 30 minutes)...
But I don't have a single picture of my grandma with these two kids. My grandma just passed away on Monday. She was old and it was her time, I know that she's happier now. But, that doesn't mean we don't miss her terribly already. We would go visit grandma once a week at her home, hospital, twice at a nursing home. I've lived within 5 minutes of her my whole entire life (excepting college). How could I forget to capture that routine of our lives on film? Luckily memories will last, and we've captured plenty of those.

5 comments:

Meedy said...

So sorry about your grandma Kendra. That is cool that you got to live so close to her. I am glad that she is happier now. I hope this transition time for your and your family is peaceful.

kkoyle said...

I remember being heartbroken that my own daughter would never meet her great grandma; someone who had been so influential in my life. But, ironically, sometimes I feel like Grandma sees her more now than she ever would have-and in a better light. My grandma, much like yours as she was very sick for a long time. Family is so special, on earth and in heaven. Take care, Kyle.

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry. I'm glad that you were able to be so close to her.

Chelsey said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma as well. What a great lady. It's neat that your kids got to see so much of her. I hope that you're all doing well.

liz said...

My grandma just passed too. She was sick for a long time, so we knew it was coming. It's just a bitter sweet experience. Love you.