Monday, December 13, 2010

hohoho

First off, Disney on ice totally rocks! Really. So much fun! We even let Alex skip school for it :) That's the kind of mom I am ;)
That piggy bank ice skater (ham) deserves a LOT of credit, he really had real ice skates on his hands, crazy. There was also a toy troll that I couldn't stop laughing at. I tried to get a picture but they skate fast...
Now for some seasonal funnies. Alex and Lydia like to point out lights on houses while we're driving in the car. They just yell, loudly, "CHRISTMAS LIGHTS". There are lots of christmas lights out there, so we were getting tired of the yelling. I told Alex to describe them instead, like "pretty lights" or "look, blue ones!". So the next house he yells "PLEASANT!"... he kind of got it :)
Lydia was telling a friend at church that "Christmas is about giving" and then she said, "I've got lots of presents under the tree, and they say Lydia, Lydia, Lydia, Lydia" So, does she get the true meaning or not? :)

3 comments:

Melissa Rozeski said...

Yep, you guys are passing on those wonderful traditions. Pleasant.....hummmm.... do 5 year olds know that word? We don't put presents for the kids under the tree until the big day....... you know Jro, more impact that way. Terrible!

Jenn said...

I've heard from other people that Disney on Ice is really fun too! I love that Alex used the word pleasant. Do you guys read him Pride and Prejudice before bed or what, that is such a funny and impressive word for him to have pulled out of his hat! lol

Keri said...

I love that you let Alex skip school! I'm totally gonna be that kind of mom.