Monday, December 20, 2010

Six years...

December 19, six years ago, Alex joined our family. (Dave looks sickly pale here because of the horrible delivery...)
We love having this guy in our house. He has embarrassed me in public places so many times I can't keep track. He likes the rules and likes to enforce them... and he has this AMAZING vocabulary, probably from Dave. He never gets stage fright when he sings or talks in front of a whole bunch of people, he's actually quite a little thespian. Watching movies with Alex is always an adventure, he's so completely involved in the movie that he literally cannot watch while sitting... he's in on the action. Sometimes he'll just scream out at scary parts (in the theaters too). He loves to play with Lydia until she puts too many princess stories in the pretend play, and then he must go on kill mode...
He loves legos and star wars, but since another little boy had a star wars birthday not too long ago we chose lego theme. Dave made the cake because I was too afraid :)
We love you Alex! Happy Birthday!

9 comments:

Mireille said...

Happy Birthday Alex! You are such a funny guy who loves rules. Seriously, I thought Evan loved rules, but he doesn't even compare. Anyway, happy birthday and I'm extremely impressed by your dad's cake making skills.

Keri said...

Happy birthday, Alex! I can't believe he's six!

I love Lydia's pose in that last picture.

Jenn said...

Dear Kendra, you are such an awesome friend. I don't have your email address for some reason (probably deleted in the great "my email account is sending out spam messages" debacle of '10) but I wanted to tell you that your package made my whole week and of course I love you.

Melissa Rozeski said...

Wow, I forget how scared we all were! To look at his now you would never guess he was caused so much drama. The cake was amazing and now my kids are asking why we don't make our own cakes. I said because the Maugers are just cooler than us. They seemed to agree to that pretty easily! Happy 6th Al!

Lauren said...

Sweet cake! Gosh, I remember making that slide show of Alex. He has grown up to be one handsome boy! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

This is great articles. I will certainly often be running a blog and speaking about the idea. Exactly what I have been seeking.

Anonymous said...

Really, this was extremely beneficial to myself. I'm just a brand-new blogger. Bless you a great deal!

Anonymous said...

This is certainly amazing. I entirely trust the matters you have penned in this article.

Anonymous said...

hi there good understanding info revealing, expect this can be truly useful for people