Monday, April 30, 2012

Catching up

We haven't been much busier than usual... but lots of picture taking opportunities lately :)
We went to Hudson Gardens and were able to take their "frog hunt kit" for field trips out.  The kids REALLY liked dressing like frogs and finding tadpoles in the lake.

                                                                It was educational too!
                                                 

Dave got "beaded" for wood badge.  Wood badge is the highest training you can do for scouts, it takes 18 months to complete.  I might tease him about the scout pants, but I'm pretty proud of my man-scout.

Lydia and her best friend Piper (she lives next door).  When they dressed alike I asked them if they planned it, and they said "yes!"  I remember doing that too.

For Easter Papa Gary gave the kids these little figures that we could grow grass in.  When Lydia's started to grow she cut the duck's "hair" and styled it too.  She is such a girly girl!

Alex's school had a sock hop, and they practiced for weeks before.  I went to see the big bash and Alex surprised me by actually dancing really well with one of his classmates Hailey.  Most of boys danced with boys, girls with girls, so after this dance Alex stuck with his boys.  But I love that he tried out some of the moves!  He's just like his father :)


1 comment:

Catherine said...

Alex looks like quite the dancer! I love the chicks!!