Wednesday, May 16, 2012

3rd Honeymoon (or 4th?)

Dave and I had the rare opportunity to travel to DC just the two of us!  In December we will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary, so we decided it could be an early anniversary trip.

We got to go to Gettysburg with Gary and Christine, which was great because Gary is VERY knowledgeable on the subject.  

We also got to see Mt. Vernon, which was amazing!  After touring the house and grounds, looking out on the river, and hiking through the woods, and learning about his farming experiments, I agree with George Washington... Mt. Vernon is one of the best places on earth.

We also took paddle boats out on the Tidal Basin, which was incredibly relaxing (despite the ugly orange life vest)

We did end up being there on Mother's day, which was kind of weird to be celebrating while my mom did all the work with the kids thousands of miles away. But we celebrated anyway at a french restaurant with some really delicious brunch.  I wanted a picture of the food, but apparently I couldn't wait :)
        It was a great trip, and we're very excited to be back!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Glad to hear you and Dave had a good time in DC. I've never done the paddle boating on the Tidal basin, but it looks like fun!

Jenn said...

Happy 3rd or 4th honeymoon! ha! I want to take another honeymoon, that sounds awesome to me!