Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Birthday girl

My little girl is 5 years old!  She has always acted older than her age.. but now she looks old too!  For her birthday dinner we went to Beau Jo's for pizza (YUMM!) and they had a balloon artist there.  He made these awesome Alien and Viking hats for the kids.  Alex put his on and said, "oh no, I'm a girl!"  But the artist assured Alex that ALL Vikings have long braided hair :)

We had a party for Miss Lydia, who would invite the whole world to a party if she could.  It was very hard to keep it small.  My mom and Dave's mom helped out so I would have enough hands for everything.  It went really well.

I am not a cake decorator.  Lydia asked for a cake that looks like grass with Barbies sitting on top.  I laughed when she asked, and I still laugh when I see it now.  Hopefully she'll always be happy with colored frosting and some toys sitting on top, because this is the most complicated I do :)
Happy Birthday Lydia!  You are so much fun to be around, and I'm glad I'm your mom :)

5 comments:

katina said...

Love love love the cake!!

Jodi Glazner said...

Oh my goodness. I guess I haven't checked your blog for a while because there are like 5 new posts. The chickens sound like a fun adventure and I'm glad you guys got to have a fun trip. Keep up all the adventures!!

Catherine said...

Looks like a fun party! I love Alex's comment about the balloons. :) The cake is awesome!

Jenn said...

That cake is AWESOME! And...I'll admit it, I cracked up when I saw it. I love when kids are so specific about what they want. I wish Maddy's ideas were so simple. Can't believe your baby girl is 5 already! (Mine will be 5 too in June!)

liz said...

Yum beau Jo's awesome. It's amazing how fast time goes by maddy just turned 4 and I can't believe it. Alex's balloon braids are the best. Great pics and great memories.