Sunday, December 06, 2009

Gingerbread houses

Our annual tradition continues. Each year the houses get better and the kids eat less candy. We even got to show it off at our ward christmas party this year (there was a contest). Although we didn't even come close to winning :)

I wanted to put in a picture of Autumn, she's one year now and Lydia is starting to realize how cool she is
Melissa was getting rid of some clothes and gave us this kid scrub uniform. Jason (my brother) got it for his son when he was in medical school many moons ago.
Alex was wearing it while playing with Jason & Melissa's kids at grandma's house. Alex was screaming loud and so Jason came in and said "Alex, don't scream" and Alex held up his hand and said "excuse me, call me doctor" I'm so glad he said that to Jason, it made it that much more hilarious ;)

5 comments:

Just Us said...

I love the pictures! We did a gingerbread house last night so I'll have a similar post someday soon. I had to laugh about Alex's comment too. That kid is funny.

Heather said...

So cute...and I just can't get over the grown-up comments Alex always says! He totally cracks me up!

Chelsea said...

Nice work Dr. Alex and Lydia on the gingerbread houses!

We're making one tomorrow night for FHE. I'm SO excited! I haven't made one since kindergarten.

Melissa Rozeski said...

Such a great tradition!!! I hope this continues until they are grumpy teenagers, who know the masterpieces they will create!

Catherine said...

Haha! Alex is such a hoot about the scrubs! The gingerbread house making looks like so much fun. I love your new pierced ears...bling, bling!