Tuesday, December 22, 2009

5

I didn't think I was that busy, but it's been a long time since my last post...oops. Anyway, Alex turned 5 on the 19th! We didn't have his party until the 21st so we couldn't say happy birthday to him until the party. I guess the cake and candles make it official, never mind what mom says :)
It turns out Al is picky about friends, I like most the kids his age but he's pretty nit-picky. While we're working on that flaw with him, he does have some amazing friends that are just joys to be around. His cousins, Elijah, Madeline, Jaxen, and some new friends Adriana and Jack. It was a very pleasant party (as 5 year old birthdays go :)
They were all scientist, so I made lab coats for them out of t-shirts. We did experiments and made things blow up, fizzle and change colors. We also let them make whatever "mixed" drink they wanted. Out of juices and pops, of course
I love this picture of Jaxen, no wonder Alex loves that guy :)
And Lydia always feels cool sitting next to Madeline. I'm so glad we have some nice older cousins here to show my kids the ropes.
And now on to Christmas! I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday!

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Happy 5th Birthday to Alex! I love the scientist theme -- you're so creative.

Melissa Rozeski said...

Mauger parties ROCK!!! It was fun and so creative. I love living here so we don't miss all of these memories with your family!