Sunday, September 26, 2010

Our kids are already adults

Before school started we were quizzing Alex on his phone number, full name, address, etc. Lydia would often help Alex cheat (except that she doesn't know the answers herself). So I'd ask "Alex, what's your phone number?" And Lydia would lean over to Al and whisper "one". Then Alex would say to me "one?" No, there's not a one at the beginning of our phone number. Why would you listen to a three year old?
Well, yesterday I was trying to think of someone's name and Lydia leaned over and whispered, "Gina" I said, "Gina?" Nope, not right. MAN! She's just so dang convincing!
We got to go to Jaxen's football game friday night. (These pictures below will totally freak out my roommates at college who used to see pictures of pudgy Jaxen at 1 year eating everything...) Anyway, when we got there Alex said, really loud, "Boy oh boy, you sure do have to have some big poofy muscles to play this game!" Everyone that heard was cracking up. I love that kid.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Your post always make me laugh! Lydia is cracking me up...I love how they act all adult like that. And I can't believe Jaxen is that old either...wow!

Mireille said...

Your kids are very entertaining to watch and listen to and wise beyond their years.